– 50g of The Muesli Gluten Free or Classic (we used Gluten Free – perfect for the single portions!)
– 3 rashers of bacon, diced
– Pinch of salt
– 1 whole cauliflower including stems, broken into florets
– . a brown onion, roughly chopped
– 1 litre of chicken or vegetable stock
– 2 bay leaves
– 20g of unsalted butter
– 1 cup of freshly grated parmesan cheese
METHOD 1. To make the soup, place all of the ingredients except the butter and parmesan cheese into a medium saucepan and bring to a simmer. Cook until the cauliflower is tender, stirring frequently to ensure all cauliflower is submerged for part of the cook.
2. Once cooked, remove the bay leaves and blitz in a blender until smooth.
3. Return to the pot and melt through the parmesan and butter.
4. Season to taste (we love black pepper in this soup).
5. To make the crumble, fry the bacon in a non-stick pan until it begins to crisp.
6. Add The Muesli and stir with a wooden spoon until it is toasted.
7. Serve on top of the soup with fresh chives or parsley.