Our founder Emma Dumas is a recipe creating master - especially when it comes to putting together delicious food without the sugar - and it runs in the family. This simple and delicious Mug Muffin was invented by Amy Dumas and it's nothing short of genius.
With The Muesli of course, we've used a very special ingredient for a wonderful sugar-conscious Easter alternative to the Hot Cross Bun. Gewürzhaus' Hot Cross Bun Spice Mix is a fabulous spice mix that includes: cassia, coriander, ginger and clove, which leaves you with that distinctive Easter flavour and feel.
- 80g of The Muesli Classic
- 1 egg
- 1/5 tsp bicarb soda
- 2 dstsp Gerwürzhaus Hot Cross Bun Spice Mix
- 1 tsp Cacao powder
- 1 banana
- 2 dstsp coconut oil
- Sour cream, cream or yoghurt to serve
- Extra Hot Cross Bun Spice Mix to serve
- Mash the banana with the back of a fork in a small mixing bowl.
- Add the Hot Cross Bun Spice, the cacao powder and bicarb soda and mix.
- Stir in the egg and coconut oil. Then stir in The Muesli
- Fill each mug about 1/3 full with muffin mixture.
- Microwave separately for 1 minute and 30 seconds.
- Turn the mug upside down on a plate so the muffin falls out and sprinkle some extra spice mix over the top.
Tip: These are a great sugar conscious dinner party dessert, serve them with cream or yoghurt for an extra treat.