- 1 cup of Quinoa Flour
- 1/2 a cup of The Muesli Classic
- 1/2 an apple, grated
- 1/2 a tsp of Cinnamon 2 eggs
- 1/2 a tsp of baking powder
- 1/2 a cup of milk (of your choice)
- Unsalted, organic butter – for cooking
- 1/2 an apple, finely sliced
- 1 tsp of cinnamon
- 1/2 a tsp of all spice
- 1/2 a tsp of pure vanilla bean paste
- 1/2 a cup of frozen blueberries
- Mix the dry ingredients (flour, muesli, cinnamon and baking powder) together in a medium bowl.
- In a separate bowl, lightly whisk your two eggs and add the milk & apple.
- Make a well in the dry ingredients & pour in the wet ingredients, stirring thoroughly.
- In a large non-stick pan on medium-high heat, add a1/2 tsp of butter and add your batter – about 2 tbsp per pikelet.
- Turn over once bubbles show on the surface and once cooked both sides, take off the heat.
- Cook your remaining batter (you may need to top up the butter in between)
Note – don’t be scared to use butter – it will add to the flavour significantly & make them taste much more indulgent.
- Add the apples, wate, spices and vanilla to a small saucepan and bring to the boil.
- Add the blueberries and reduce to a simmer.
- Cook until the apples are tender & the water has reduced into a syrup.
Serve your sauce over the pikelets with a dollop of cream or greek yoghurt if desired.