- 10 Raw King Prawns
- 1 heaped tsp of turmeric (or a 2cm knob of fresh turmeric)
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2cm knob of fresh ginger
- 2 tsp of olive or peanut oil
- 3 cups of coleslaw mix (or a mix of shredded red and white cabbage and carrot)
- 1/2 a granny smith apple, cut into matchsticks
- 1/2 a tsp of fish sauce
- 1 tsp of soy sauce
- 1.5 tsp of sesame oil
- 1 handful of fresh, roughly torn mint
- Sesame seeds, to finish (we used black sesame seeds)
- In a mortar and pestle, pound together the turmeric, garlic, ginger and oil until a paste is formed.
- Coat the prawns with the paste.
- Cook the prawns on a hot grill or BBQ for 2-3 minutes (or until the just start to char). Turn and cook a further 1-2 minutes.
- Meanwhile in a large bowl, combine the coleslaw mix and apple.
- Add the fish sauce, soy sauce and sesame oil and mix well.
- Add the fresh mint and toss gently.
- Serve the prawns straight off the BBQ with the coleslaw, and top with sesame seeds.