- 50g of The Muesli Gluten Free or Classic (we used Gluten Free – perfect for the single portions!)
- 3 rashers of bacon, diced
- Pinch of salt THE SOUP
- 1 whole cauliflower including stems, broken into florets
- 1/2 a brown onion, roughly chopped
- 1 litre of chicken or vegetable stock
- 2 bay leaves
- 20g of unsalted butter
- 1 cup of freshly grated parmesan cheese
- To make the soup, place all of the ingredients except the butter and parmesan cheese into a medium saucepan and bring to a simmer. Cook until the cauliflower is tender, stirring frequently to ensure all cauliflower is submerged for part of the cook.
- Once cooked, remove the bay leaves and blitz in a blender until smooth.
- Return to the pot and melt through the parmesan and butter.
- Season to taste (we love black pepper in this soup).
- To make the crumble, fry the bacon in a non-stick pan until it begins to crisp.
- Add The Muesli and stir with a wooden spoon until it is toasted.
- Serve on top of the soup with fresh chives or parsley.