- 2 cups of The Muesli Classic 97% sugar free muesli
- 3 heaped tsp of coconut oil, melted
- 3 tbsp of natural peanut butter (make sure it’s 100% peanuts)
- 1 tsp of cinnamon
- ½ a tsp of vanilla beans or vanilla powder
- 3 heaped tbsp of cacao powder
- 1 egg (can be omitted to keep the recipe vegan – just makes it more crumbly!)
- 1 cup of raw cashews, soaked for at least 12 hours in water
- 1 tsp of coconut oil
- 2 tsp of desiccated coconut (be sure to use 100% coconut)
- ½ a tsp of coffee powder
- Line a 25x15cm baking dish (or similar) with baking paper. Preheat your oven to 180c.
- In a large mixing bowl, stir The Muesli, cinnamon, vanilla and cacao powder until well combined.
- In a separate bowl, stir the coconut oil, peanut butter and egg together until well combined.
- Add the wet ingredients to The Muesli mixture and stir with a wooden spoon until the dry ingredients are completely coated.
- Pour into your lined baking dish, using a large spoon to spread the mixture evenly and level the top.
- Bake at 180c for approximately 40 minutes or until the crumble is firm to touch.
- Wait until completely cooled to cut up into 8-10 servings.
- Drain your cashews of the water they’ve been soaking in, reserving the water.
- Add the cashews, coconut oil, desiccated coconut, coffee and 1 tablespoon of the reserved cashew water to your blender.
- Blend on high, regularly scraping down the sides, until you have a chunky but creamy consistency. Add more of the cashew water if required to thin it out.
- Store the cashew coffee cream in the fridge for at least 1 hour prior to serving – this will allow it to set. If it dries at all, add a teaspoon of water and stir well.