Serves – 2-3
Think being sugar conscious and sticking to The One Line Rule means we don’t love chocolate? Think again! This chocolate porridge bowl (the way we’ll be indulging on the Easter long weekend) is packed with the good stuff and absolutely free from any added sugars. What’s more, you won’t have to pledge to quit eating it after Sunday!
- 1 cup of The Muesli Classic Muesli
- 2 tablespoons of pure cacao powder (be sure to check the only ingredient is cacao)
- 1 cup of milk of your choice
- If you are easing into sugar-free, try adding a tablespoon of cream or coconut cream to sweeten it up a little further.
- 2 tablespoons of cacao nibs
- 1 tablespoon of peanut butter mixed with 1 tablespoon of water
- 1 tablespoon of The Muesli Classic (extra)
- 1 tablespoon of coconut oil
- 1/2 a banana, sliced
- 1 tablespoon of cacao powder
- To make the porridge, cook The Muesli in the milk and cacao powder on a low heat, stirring constantly, until smooth and creaming (add more milk or some water if it begins to dry up). Add cream or coconut cream towards the end if you choose to use it.
- For the toppings, melt the coconut oil and stir through the extra cacao powder to make a chocolate sauce (make just before serving, as it will solidify after 10-15 minutes).
- To assemble, place the porridge in a bowl and top with cacao nibs, sliced banana, peanut butter mix, extra Muesli and chocolate sauce.