Summer has finished and the weather is sending us strong signs of Autumn. Sitting outside in the evening now requires a jumper, the heater is becoming a good idea in the morning and porridge not only tastes, but feels (nice and warm) like the perfect way to enjoy The Muesli.
Just because ‘Morning Sunshine’ is turning into ‘Morning, it’s still dark outside’ doesn’t mean cold weather doesn’t have as many perks as hot weather. If you aren’t catching my drift, even if it’s windy outside, I’ve written a list of the best things about cold weather:
- Hot food and warm clothes feel like heaven
- The calming sound of rain – especially when you’re all cosy and indoors
- The majestic colour of Autumn leaves
- You forget that mosquitos exist
- Snuggling with loved ones
- The smell of fires
- Wearing dressing gowns
Now that you are aware of how good Autumn really is and your mouth is watering for some of that porridge I mentioned earlier, here is the perfect recipe for a delicious and warm Pear, Cinnamon and The Muesli porridge:
- Boil 1 cup of Almond milk with 1 cinnamon stick
- Lower the temperature and add 8 desert spoons of The Muesli and cook for 10-15 minutes or until it reaches your desired consistency.
- Slice 1 pear and grill it on the stove until it turns a light golden brown
- Take the cinnamon stick out of the porridge and serve with grilled pear on top with a sprinkle of cinnamon powder
Voila! – Enjoy