Home-made always tastes better than store bought, not only that, it feels better too.
Here are the ingredients of the Coles brand Salsa:
Water, Diced Tomato, Tomato Paste, Rehydrated Onion, Rehydrated Capsicum, Thickener (1442), Salt, Sugar, Acidity Regulator (260), Spices, Rehydrated Jalapeno Pepper, Ground Garlic.
And here are the Ingredients of our Home-Made Salsa:
- A punnet of cherry tomatoes, roughly diced - we love to use the colourful medley to baby tomatoes
- 1 Cucumber, roughly diced
- 1 Red onion, finely chopped
- Handful of spinach leaves, roughly chopped
- 1 Red capsicum, roughly diced
- Handful of mint leaves, roughly chopped
- Lemon or lime juice
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Lots of white pepper
- Pinch of sea salt
- Combine all ingredients and voila! You have a wonderful, healthy home-made salsa.