Makes approx. 12
We’ve been experimenting in the kitchen and are excited to bring you our Hot Cross Cookies – we even promise these will make your kitchen smell like Easter!
- 3/4 of a cup of besan/chickpea flour
- 1/2 a cup of coconut flour
- juice of 1 orange
- 1 tsp of cacao powder
- 2 tsp of cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp of dry ginger
- 1/2 tsp of mixed spice
- 1/2 a tsp of powdered stevia
- 1 free range egg
- 1/2 a tsp of baking powder
- 25g of melted unsalted butter
- 1/4 of a cup of rice flour
- Pulp of 1 small passionfruit
- 2 tbsp of milk
- Line a large baking tray with baking paper and set your oven to 180c.
- Place both of the flours, cacao powder, spices and baking powder into a medium sized bowl and mix thoroughly.
- In a separate bowl, add your orange juice, egg, butter and stevia and lightly whisk.
- Slowly pour your wet ingredients into your dry ingredients and stir well.
- Once the mix has come together, use a heaped teaspoon as a measure and form into balls, slightly flattening as you place them on the tray.
- Place your rice flour in a small bowl and add your passionfruit.
- Add small amounts of your milk at a time, stirring in between, until you achieve a runny paste.
- Spoon the mixture into a freezer bag and cut off the very tip of the corner. Pipe onto your ready-to-bake biscuits. Bake the biscuits at 180c for approximately 15 minutes or until firm.
Enjoy & Happy Easter!