Makes 6-8, depending on the size of the moulds.
We know kids can’t take nuts to school (and 100% understand why) and know that many households are dealing with nut allergies which are tough – our Muesli, containing nuts, is not for everyone, and we can’t imagine the work it takes to keep children with nut allergies safe and well.
But for those families not dealing with nut allergies, we are so confident you will not find a healthier Muesli on the shelves for your whole family. If plain Muesli doesn’t excite your kids enough, we’ve come up with a quick idea (they’ll take you 5 minutes – promise), to help get nutrition into your children at breakfast while the weather’s still warm…
- 100g (or 2 x single serves) of The Muesli Classic (or Gluten Free for Gluten Free pops)
- 6 tablespoons of plain greek yoghurt (we use full fat as it’s more satiating. You could also use coconut yoghurt if your children need to avid dairy)
- 1 cup of frozen blueberries (or any berry, but we prefer berries over other fruits for their lower sugar content)
- Shredded coconut and extra Muesli, to serve.
- Firstly, ensure you have 8 x small icy pole, or 6 x large icy pole moulds cleaned and ready to go.
- Pour The Muesli into a medium mixing bowl and stir in 3 tbsp of yoghurt until mushy and all of The Muesli is coated.
- Using a wooden craft stick or the end of a spoon, push The Muesli mix into the bottom of the icy pole mould until packed firmly and about half full.
- Top with plain yoghurt until about 2/3rds full (about 2 tbsp). Be sure to push firmly into The Muesli mix so they don’t separate when they’re removed from the moulds.
- Microwave the frozen berries for 30 seconds (just to take the edge of the ice off), mash a few pieces to extract some of the juices and then mix with the remaining yoghurt. Add more yoghurt if your moulds are large and it doesn’t look like the fruit mix will fill them!
- Add the fruit mix to the moulds, again being sure to press firmly.
- Push the ice pole mould sticks (or clean timber craft sticks), firm into the pops.
- Freeze for a minimum 4-6 hours.
- Serve with extra The Muesli and shredded coconut, for dipping!