Makes 6 Muffins
- 8 slices of medium-thickness prosciutto
- 8 free range eggs, lightly whisked
- 3 tbsp of thick cream
- 150g of full fat feta cheese, broken up
- 15g of chopped chives (about 1/3 of a cup), + extra for garnishing
- Pepper, to taste
- Spray a 6-pan muffin tin generously with olive oil and preheat your oven to 180c.
- Line each muffin whole with prosciutto, starting with one slice to each tin then patching with the spares. Don’t be too fussed about making a perfect cup, holes are OK!
- In a small bowl, combine eggs with the cream, feta cheese and chives. Stir well. (Resist the urge to add salt – the prosciutto and feta will be enough. A little black pepper is all we used for seasoning).
- Pour the egg mixture into the lined muffin holes.
- Bake at 180c for 15-20 minutes, or until the tops start to go golden.
- Allow to cool for at least 5 minutes before removing carefully from the pan with a large spoon to ‘scoop’ out the muffins.
- Enjoy for breakfast, lunch, dinner or a snack! The ultimate versatile muffin that will keep you full for ages!