With The Muesli Dukkah
‘Tis the season for entertaining and this dip is perfect for whipping up with ingredients you might already have in the fridge and pantry.
- 100gms of smoked trout
- 125gms of cream cheese
- 2 heaped tbsp of plain greek yoghurt
- 1 tsp of mustard with horseradish
- Zest of 1/2 a small lemon
- 1 tsp of dried dill tops
- A grind of black pepper
- The Muesli Dukkah, to serve
- In a small bowl, stir the cream cheese, horseradish mustard and yoghurt until smooth (it will take a few minutes to break down the lumps of the cream cheese. You could blend them if you were in a rush!)
- Add the dill tops, lemon zest and black pepper. Stir well.
- Roughly break up the smoked trout into small pieces and gently fold through the dip.
- Taste for seasoning (we didn’t add any salt as the trout is quite salty in flavour, but you might like to add more black pepper, or some white pepper).
- Finish with The Muesli Dukkah which can be found on our blog! (A simplified version is also available in our Eggplant Bruschetta recipe).
TIP: You could swap the smoked trout out for smoked salmon or tuna if that’s what’s available!