- 3 Free Range eggs
- 4 tbsp of corn flour
- 4 cups of whole milk
- 1 tsp of vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp of powdered stevia
- Cinnamon, to serve.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the eggs, stevia and corn flour until there are no more lumps.
- Add the milk, one cup at a time, whisking in between.
- Once all the milk is added, pour the mixture into a medium saucepan and place on a medium heat.
- Slowly bring to the boil, continuously whisking.
- Once the mixture has come to a boil (3-5 minutes, depending on your stove), take off the heat.
- If you’re unsure if the custard is thick enough, dip in a metal spoon. If the custard coats the back of the spoon, it’s ready!
Try variations such as;
- Cacao powder for Chocolate
- Mixed spices and some orange rind for a Christmas twist.
- Blended mango for a summery dessert.