Not indulge on our birthday? AS IF! This cake is how we #BeSugarConscious while we get to have our cake and eat it too! Low in sugar (and even low in stevia), but loaded with tasty topping (we don’t mind a little cream on our birthday!). We promise you won’t even notice the sugar isn’t there…
- 150g of butter, melted
- 2 eggs
- 2 tbsp of vanilla extract
- 1 cup of milk
- 2 cups of wholemeal self-raising flour
- 1/3 of a cup of powdered stevia
- a pinch of salt
ACAI LIME CREAM
- 500mls of thickened cream
- 125g of cream cheese
- Rind and juice of 1 small lime
- 2 tsp of Acai powder (check the packet to ensure there’s no added sugar)
- Fresh strawberries, blueberries and a sprinkle of The Muesli, of course!
- Firstly, line and grease a 24cm spring form cake tin and pre-heat your oven to 160c.
- In a large mixing bowl, stir together your butter and stevia.
- Add the eggs and stir well, until the yolks have broken down.
- Add the milk and vanilla, stirring carefully (beware of splashes!)
- Add the flour and salt, and stir until a thick batter is formed.
- Pour into the prepared tin and bake at 160c for 25-30 minutes or until a skewer comes out clean from the centre.
- Allow the cake to cook completely.
- While waiting, whip your cream until medium peaks form.
- Add the cream cheese and lightly beat again, just until combined.
- Add lime rind and juice, and stir gently.