- 1 kg of pumpkin, peeled and roughly chopped
- 800g (approx. 3) sweet potatoes, peeled and roughly chopped
- 1 potato, roughly chopped
- 1 tbsp of olive oil
- 1 tbsp of coconut oil
- 2 brown onions, diced
- 2 tsp of grated fresh ginger
- Rind and juice of 1/2 a lime
- A large handful of fresh coriander – roots and stems finely chopped and leaves reserved
- 2 fresh chillies, finely sliced
- 1 tbsp of fresh basil, roughly torn
- 3/4 of a cup of coconut milk
- In a large bowl, toss the pumpkin, sweet potato and white potato in the olive oil.
- Place in a baking tray and roast at 180c for approx.. 50 minutes or until the vegetables are soft right through.
- Place the coconut oil and onions in a large saucepan and fry until the onions begin to caramelise.
- Add the ginger, lime juice and rind, coriander roots and stems, chillies and basil and fry with the onions for 2 minutes.
- Once the roasting vegetables are done, add to the pot with the coconut milk and 1 cup of water.
- Blend with a stick blender until smooth.
- Return back to the stove and bring to a simmer, adding more water if the soup is too thick.
- Once warmed through, add salt to taste and serve with coriander leaves, coconut yoghurt and extra chilli.