Serves 6 | 20 Minutes
We've been playing around with more savoury serving suggestions for The Muesli because It really is a versatile pantry staple with seriously untapped potential.
Not just savoury meals for lunch or dinner, but we believe moving into a more savoury scope for brekky is not a bad idea either.
So often our breakfast's (especially cold ones - think smoothie bowls) are so packed with sugar, they taste like dessert and there's much healthier ways to fuel your body and mind for the day ahead.
In this light, we've put together these delicious fritters, using The Muesli as a base. Not only did it work a treat, but they're sugar-free, vegetarian and can be modified to be Gluten Free or vegan.
- 3/4 cup of The Muesli of your choice, blended into a fine consistency
- 1 Zucchini, grated
- 160gm Halloumi, grated (Alternative: vegan cheese)
- 2 eggs
- 2 tbsp dill, finely chopped
- 1/2 a bunch of mint leaves, finely chopped
- Chilli flakes
- Salt & Pepper
- Olive Oil
- Home-made salsa to serve
- Home-made Tzatziki to serve
- Combine grated zucchini with a pinch of salt, then place in a colander lined with a clean muslin cloth and squeeze out excess liquid.
- Mix together The Muesli, the grated zucchini, halloumi, dill, mint, chilli flakes and egg. Season to taste.
- Make 4-6 fritters out of the mixture and keep in the fridge for 10 minutes to set.
- Heat olive oil over medium heat and fry fritters for about 3 minutes, or until golden brown on each side.
- Serve fritters with home-made salsa, topped with home-made Tzatziki, extra mint, dill and a lime wedge.